Rick and Morty
Rick and Morty Slot Review (Blueprint Gaming) – Wabba Lubba Dub Dub
Listen up, slothusiasts – Rick and Morty is back! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!
Following the successful release of Rick and Morty MegaWays, the animated sci-fi sitcom is back for another round of weird (mis)adventures. Made by artsy folks at Blueprint Gaming, this 20-line and 5-reel slot is anything but repetitious because it features a total of 15 bonuses! A whopping nine of them appear in the base game and the other six in the Bonus Portal, of course. See the review below for a quick overview and my personal thoughts on what promises to be one of the most bonus-laden online slots of 2020.
The Rick and Morty slot by Blueprint came out on 26 November 2020, and it’s available for real money play at our high-rated and licensed slot sites like Unibet.
🏆 Hollywood Hills 2020: This game won the best branded slot award in our Best Slots of 2020 Awards.
Play Rick and Morty at Licensed Slot Site
Recommended Blueprint casino
Pickle Rick Power Spin Features
Before we dive into the many features, here’s what to look for in the base game. There are 8 regular symbols that can appear stacked, plus Super Stacked high symbols (Rick and Morty logo) and Wilds that both pay up to 25x for a full line.
Now to the Pickle Rick and his 7 modifiers that are triggered randomly:
- Mystery Moolah – adds Mystery Symbols which transform into the same randomly picked icon.
- Schwifty Wilds – adds random Wilds.
- Cosmic Cash – adds Mystery Cash Symbols, the reels continue spinning until no additional cash symbols land in view.
- Wild Stacks – adds random Wild Stacks, can be multiplied.
- Colossal Chedda – adds a 3×3 colossal symbol.
- Bonus Blitz – changes the size of the Bonus symbols to be up to 3-high, which makes it easier to trigger.
- Victory Spin – creates a winning combo by adding Wilds and Logo symbols.
These features get triggered completely randomly and sometimes back-to-back. They don’t say what is the maximum win potential of each one of them, but I would not be expecting more than 100x your bet. My biggest win was around 90x, but most of them were around 25x-50x.
If Pickle Rick doesn’t serve you well in those features, then there’s a chance you might get one of two of these rare modifiers (on a winning or non-winning spin):
- Laser Beam – creates a winning combo from a near-miss spin.
- Win Streak – adds more winning symbols to an existing win.
Those are just side features to keep things interesting between spins to the real bonuses!
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub Bonus Portal
Get 3 or more Scatters to take off to a new dimension with the mad scientist and his grandson. That means a chance to win 1 of 6 Schwifty bonus rounds. These are ranked by the highest possible payout, starting with the lowest and most frequent:
- Pilot Bonus – picking bonus, match three symbols to win a multiplier. Collect upgrade symbols to double prizes. Hidden Spaceships award hidden bonuses.
- Rick Rattle and Roll Bonus Chase – picking bonus and multiple stages. Pass the last one (Portal) to win the biggest win multiplier.
- Mr Meeseeks Free Spins (10 spins) – featuring Resurrecting Wilds (on reels 2-4) with up to 5x multiplier that become active on the final spin.
- Anatomy Wild Monster Spins (10 spins) – featuring Expanding Wilds and special high-paying Monster symbols which transform other symbols that are infected.
- Evolution of the Pickle Wild Spins (unlimited spins, new reel) – Pickle Rick Wilds roam and randomly upgrade to bigger symbols, including the final 4×3 Colossal Wild.
- Rick ‘N’ Roll Mega Bucks (unlimited spins, new reel) – coin collection feature with bonus upgrades and win multipliers. Can also be triggered with 5 Bonus Symbols.
All but the last bonus can be gambled for a better feature or a Mystery Win. In fact, you would occasionally want to gamble because the higher-paying features won’t come knocking and most likely you’ll end up with the Pilot Bonus. But when you do, mind the fact that it gets quite tricky to pass through the third-highest feature!
There’s a decent chance you’ll get the Bonus Portal within a couple of hundred spins, but I wouldn’t expect to get all of the free spins and picking features in one session unless you have a few hours and a good balance to go for an epic multiverse ride.
Blueprint’s Rick and Morty bonus slot is a nod to the more entertaining format of online slots. This includes the bonus-rich Genie Jackpots Wishmaker slot, as well as Ted and The Goonies, which is their most successful branded slot to date. The features in this sci-fi odyssey are not all that novel, but there are some slight variations here and there, including the Mr Meeseeks feature which is added for the first time. The graphics are sleek but the theme itself is not overwhelming and won’t be disturbing for players who are less familiar with the Adult Swim show.
As payouts are more spread across gameplay, I was not expecting to see the same variance and occasional mega wins that come with that, as with the MegaWays version. That is not to say that the game doesn’t have any potential: there are a couple of top features that are just waiting to be unlocked.
Players who will be frequenting this game may find it difficult to enjoy anything less than the three highest-paying Bonus Portal features, granted that they get to see them in the first place. If the other features become a nuisance then that, I think, is a great time to switch to Blueprint’s MegaWays slots.
All in all, I would come back to this game from time to time because of its massive entertainment factor and when in the mood for something that’s in the medium-variance ballpark. But then again, I could also go for the Genie, Ted or The Goonies.
And that’s the wayyyyyy the news goes!
About Our Reviews
Full disclosure: Mvideoslots.com is an affiliate site which provides free information about online slots, slot sites and everything related. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, so we may earn affiliate commission from casinos when someone makes a deposit through our site.
Note: We have never and will never do paid reviews. This means that both the casinos and game developers are seeing the reviews when they are published for the first time, right alongside you. We do not send them the reviews for an early look, so everything we say is our honest opinion. Should we ever do a paid article, it will not be a “review” and we will make sure to mark it as a sponsored article or an “ad”.
Can you trust Mvideoslots.com reviews? I hope so, because at the end of the day I want you to be happy with the casino or slot that you choose. But I also encourage you to look at other trusted sites which may have different opinions. If you decide to look around then make sure that it is a trusted source because it is common practice for casino operators to have their own “review sites” which are biased, not to mention the sites which have reviews written by people who are not following the industry.
Now that you know how we run things here, thank you for your supporting independent sites like us. If you have any questions, just send me an email.
Nikita, Founder and reviewer at Mvideoslots.com.
See more Blueprint Gaming slot reviews