Monopoly MegaWays Slot Review (Big Time Gaming) – Reel Adventure, Reactions and Free Spins
Big Time Gaming’s last game of 2019, Monopoly MegaWays, has arrived.
It’s BTG’s 5th slot with both MegaWays and Reactions, and the first one to have the Reel Adventure as extra (think Holy Diver). And yes, it’s not without a Free Spins bonus with unlimited win multipliers, which can also be re-triggered. Mr. Monopoly has set the bar to medium volatility and frequent hit rate at lower wins, while also promising a maximum win of up to 15,000x your bet across 117,649 ways.
Monopoly MegaWays is available exclusively at Sky Vegas and PokerStars casinos from 4 December. The slot game will go live across other BTG slot sites like Casumo from 17 December 2019.
Play Monopoly MegaWays™
Recommended BTG casino
Here’s what BTG’s 2nd consecutive branded slot has to offer in more detail.
Reactions + Monopoly Board Features
The Monopoly slot has 6 reels and up to 117,649 ways to win. Each time you win, the winning symbols will explode and give room for new ones, creating a chance for another win. That’s the reactions/cascading symbols.
Symbols can all appear stacked, including 6 low-paying symbols and 4 high-paying tokens that pay up to 50x per line. Wilds only appear on reels 2-6, non-stacked.
Mr. Monopoly moves around the board every time you win. You have to win 3 times in a row and be on a property by that time to get a House on it. These will do you good in the bonus only. Collect Train Stations and Utilities to get extra spins and multipliers for the bonus too.
There are some base game features as well:
- Land on GO to get Max MegaWays (117,649 ways to win) on the next spin.
- Land on Community Chest to land on a random Property and a possibility to get up to 4 Houses as extra
- Land on Chance to win a spin on Max MegaWays, a random Property with up to 4 Houses or win the bonus game.
👍 Tip: Game progress is linked to total bet, so avoid the temptation to switch bets often to keep what you’ve collected.
Triggered every 500 spins or so, the Monopoly MegaWays Free Spins bonus has a far better win potential.
Free Spins Bonus with Unlimited Win Multiplier
Once you get 5 or more Houses on a Property or get very lucky with a Chance card, you’ll trigger 8 Free Spins.
In Kingmaker MegaWays’ fashion, the game will start giving you extras based on what you’ve collected in the base game. Every earned Train Station awards an extra Free Spin. Every earned Utility awards +1 win multiplier for up to x3 to start with.
Here’s what else happens in the bonus:
- Houses — The win multiplier will increase +1 for each House on every Property that is landed on during the Free Spins! Houses are then removed from that Property.
- Train Station — You’ll also get +1 spin each time you land on a Train Station that you own during the bonus.
- Utility — You’ll also get +1 win multiplier each time you land on a Utility that you own (you’ll get +2 if you own both!).
- Chance — You’ll win a spin at Max MegaWays, move to a random Property or get +5 Free Spins, on the house!
- Community Chest – You’ll be sent to a random Property, up to 4 Houses may be added.
👍 Tip: Game progress with unused Houses will be saved once you exit the Free Spins, except for Train Stations and Utilities, making it that much easier to trigger the next bonus.
Win Up to 15,000x Your Bet
Despite the fact that the game may put some players off because of its seemingly complex mechanic, Monopoly MegaWays is actually easy to grasp. The video slot has benefitted from both the brand and features, but it has also inherited the sluggish pace and endless anticipation for something to happen. That’s when the Feature Buy or quick spin would’ve been useful to get on with it quicker.
Prepare for a long game as it’s the Free Spins where it all leads to and where things start to come together for the promised maximum win potential of 15,000x. I’m yet to see wins over 200x but with a good RTP of over 96% the balance should last for a few more bonus rounds at least.
Is it a better branded slot than Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Mystery Box™? – Give it a shot at 0.20-40 credits per spin to decide for yourself. As mentioned, the game will go live across all Big Time Gaming slot sites before Christmas, on 17 December 2019!
Good luck with the bonus!
See more Big Time Gaming slot reviews